Proactive IT support is nipping the issue in the bud. It is anticipating a problem and taking measures in advance to curtail it. Businesses around the world are becoming more and more technologically intensive and interconnected, having networks and IT infrastructure that require constant maintenance.
Some of the significant challenges that companies will face if they do not maintain their networks regularly include:
- Loss of data security and integrity
- Wrong configuration of network devices
- Disregarding historical network performance data
- Issues with network visibility
What Is Proactive IT support?
Proactive IT support is a service that aims to eliminate issues before they appear, and often referred to by the industry pundits as the next generation of IT support. It combines preventative and predictive approaches for problem-solving as it already provides solutions to the problems that are likely to occur, enabling the client to know what they must do.
Today, customers demand rapid action and quick answers to their problems. They do not want to be in the queue, which is valid demand because so much is at stake in the business. As we advance further, there is the likelihood that today’s proactive approach may become reactive tomorrow. Some examples of today’s proactive IT support are pre-recorded helplines, live chat support, online video tutorials, glossaries of technical terms on the website, among others.
What Kinds of Businesses Need Proactive IT Support?
In today’s competitive and fast-evolving world, no business can afford to be reactive. Businesses that are wholly or partially dependent on technology – meaning that they must be online all the time — should switch to this channel of IT support. Examples of businesses that need proactive IT support to ensure that potential issues are addressed before they wreak havoc include:
- Information Technology. Technology customers are very demanding. They expect 24x7x365 support from their service providers – be it services related to the cloud, the network, or customer service, among others.
- Logistics and Transportation. The technology management of urban transportation needs to be absolutely aligned, specifically coordinating traffic signals along the roads. Otherwise, it could lead to vehicular and pedestrian mishaps.
- Heath Care. Imagine that the software for any critical health care machine is outdated. Or what if machines in the operating room suddenly go offline during surgery. Proactive IT support ensures that patients are served with the best and most updated technology.
- Aviation. Air traffic control management is one of the most stressful jobs, being tasked with keeping thousands of airplanes from colliding with each other and the safety of millions of passengers.
- Electronics/Mobile Technology. Billions of mobile technology users rely on consistent IT support to communicate through their devices.
Benefits of Proactive IT Support
Proactive IT support can eliminate many headaches as well as tangible losses, some of which are:
Reduction in Downtime
Downtime refers to the time when a system breaks down due to malfunction in any of its components and employees become unproductive. By adopting the proactive approach, you foresee how and when a fault is likely to occur and take the appropriate measures in advance. This approach saves you from the agony of downtime and loss of productivity.
Reduction in Repair Costs
Proactive IT support will help you reduce repair and maintenance costs of both the hardware and the software your business uses. It reduces the likelihood of any fault and diminishes its impact to a negligible rate if it does occur.
Safeguarding the System
Monitoring and maintaining your business software and hardware, which are part of proactive IT support, will ensure not only their safety and longevity, but also their smooth operation and minimal disruption.
Phases or Steps of Proactive IT Support
No two organizations are alike. Every organization that implements proactive IT support must keep in view its working mechanisms, specific needs, goals, and inner dynamics. From a high-level standpoint, proactive IT support may include these components:
Know Your Customer
Knowing your customers thoroughly includes having deep understanding of their needs, demands, and their expectations. This understanding will help you devise a customer-centric proactive IT support.
Learn from the Past
It is crucial that you learn from your history, especially your failings. In this way, you will not repeat old mistakes and instead stay focused on creating IT support that is responsive, proactive, and highly effective.
Set Your Goals
Proactive IT support is, by its very nature, visionary and forward-looking. A company needs to develop and identify its long-term goals regarding IT support and align it with the overall company objectives. The synergy of these elements is essential to the business’s success.
To successfully implement proactive IT support, you need to collect your customer and employees’ feedback. This will help improve your service and address aspects that need to be amended. Customers and employees who are empowered to point out loopholes and take corrective action, bodes well for the successful implementation of proactive IT support.
Change along the Way
As proactive IT support takes root, it espouses a more inclusive and responsive model and becoming more receptive and adaptive to customers’ needs, thereby also changing the company culture.
Your Total Peace of Mind
At NST, we proud to offer reliable and effective proactive managed IT support services, tailor-made to meet your business’s specific needs. To learn how you can benefit from proactive IT support, contact us today or visit our office closest to you in Melbourne, Sydney, or Perth.